Each new year brings new opportunities! The US-UK Fulbright Commission is pleased to announce a call for applications for the 2013 UK Summer Institutes. We would be most grateful if you could let your students and other relevant contacts know about the following Fulbright UK undergraduate programmes.
Participants in these programmes can expect an exciting academic programme at a highly regarded UK University, the chance to actively explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK, and to develop their academic ability by improving presentation, research and communication skills.
There are three NEW Summer Programmes available for US students in 2013;
- Scotland Summer Institute
- University of Bristol Summer Institute
- University of Exeter Summer Institute
These newly developed programs are in addition to our six previously run programs, which can take students to various locations UK locations like London, Cardiff, and Belfast.
The Summer Institute covers the majority of the participant costs, including round-trip airfare from the US to the UK, tuition and fees at the University, accommodation and social programme, and subsistence, i.e. food and drink.
Participants in these programmes will get the opportunity to:
- Experience an exciting academic programme at a top ranked UK University early in their academic career
- Explore the UK, visiting museums, galleries, parks, castles, and islands
- Develop their learning skills, improving presentation, research and communication skills
- Meet people from all over the world, make friends, and experience life as a real student in the UK
- Become an ambassador for studying in the United Kingdom
Note: The programme is open to students in all courses of study. Students must be a US citizen (resident anywhere except the UK) and possess a US passport. Those holding permanent residency ‘green cards’ may not apply.
For more information and application forms, please visit: http://www.fulbright.org.uk/fulbright-awards/exchanges-to-the-uk/undergraduates
The application deadline is March 11th, 2013. Program Flyer