Partners in the Parks is an outdoor experiential learning program for collegiate honors students co-sponsored by Southern Utah University and the National Collegiate Honors Council. In 2013 we will be hosting a variety of academic adventures at national parks across the country. These week-long projects include seminars led by university faculty and park rangers as well as exciting recreational opportunities to broaden participant’s understanding of the overall value of national parks to our country and its citizens. PITP programs are open to honors students and faculty from all majors and disciplines.
Proposed projects for 2013 include:
1. Buffalo National River, AR (May 13-19)
2. Virgin Islands National Park, VI (May 18-25)
3. Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument, AZ (May 27-Jun 1)
4. Great Basin National Park, NV (July 27-Aug 2)
5. Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, CO (Aug 4-10)
6. Olympic National Park, WA (Aug 5-11)
7. Sequoia National Park, CA (Aug 5-10)
8. Everglades National Park, FL (Dec 26-Jan 1)
Participation is limited and projects are filling.
SCHOLARSHIPS: There are a limited number of scholarships available to assist financially challenged students to attend. For information about scholarships, registration and individual projects see our website:
or contact Partners in the Parks at:
Southern Utah University