Ferris State University Annual Giving Phonathon
Student Fundraiser Position Description
Student fundraisers will solicit financial support from Ferris alumni and friends via the telephone. By effectively communicating the goals and objectives of the university, the caller will secure gifts or pledges to help meet the philanthropic financial needs of Ferris as set by University Advancement. In addition, callers will also collect and update donor information (home and business address, phone, email, etc.) while building a rapport with the prospect on behalf of the university. The student caller will serve as a positive and professional fundraiser and ambassador for Ferris.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represent Ferris State University in a positive and professional manner.
- Solicit gifts and pledges from alumni and friends via the telephone.
- Update donor information as a result of solicitation calling.
- Serve as a university ambassador by fielding questions and building a rapport with prospects.
- Attend orientation training, on-going team training, and other staff meetings as required.
- Maintain the confidentiality and respect of donors, prospects, fellow student fundraisers and the members of the University advancement staff.
- Strive to meet and exceed the goals and objectives set by the University advancement team, both personally and as part of the student fundraising team.
- Participate in team activities that may include, but are not limited to brainstorming, creating competitive incentives, and peer-to-peer improvement review sessions.
- Contribute to maintaining a neat, organized and safe call center working environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned that are reasonably related to this position.
Callers will be expected to work two-three (2-3) evenings per week from 6 to 12 hours per week. More hours may be available.
- Must be a currently enrolled, full-time Ferris undergraduate or graduate student.
- Must be able to use a telephone with headset for a three-four (3-4) hour shift.
- Must have strong conversational skills and be able to listen and interact during telephone conversations and then communicate, both verbally and in writing, the details of such conversations – attentiveness to detail is critical.
- Must be able to operate a computer with keyboard and mouse, navigate software/type while sitting throughout the shift.
- Must exhibit enthusiasm in support of higher education at Ferris and demonstrate genuine warmth and appreciation during telephone contact with prospects.
- Must have the ability to converse with prospects that possess backgrounds, values, and beliefs possibly different than your own.
- Experience working in a sales, customer service, or solicitation call center.
- Experience working with data entry.
How to Apply:
Contact Janel at the Annual Giving Office at 231-591-3812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org