“Personal and Business Use of Digital Media”
THE INCITING INCIDENT
My advice to my script writing students within the Television and Digital Media Production college concerning the use of content on the Internet, “If you didn’t create it, you need to license it.”
OVERVIEW of QUESTIONS
- Why can I get sued for using photos, or music that I find on the Internet, even if it’s for fun?
- What is intellectual property?
- What are IP rights?
- What visual and audio content is FREE to use by the individual and business when publishing on the Internet, or using social media marketing?
- What can I do when I want to create a personal video, school assignment or project for a client?
- How do we keep the Internet a free-wheeling creative platform experience?
- What about the ‘freelance nation?”
- If you aren’t sure how to secure or license someone else’s IP, who can you trust to do so?
- Who can we contact to learn more about intellectual property use here at Ferris?
We will address these questions and more at this Lunch and Learn scheduled for Thursday, October 10 @ 11:00-11:50AM in the Honors Conference Room, PIC 142C. Be sure to bring your appetite for the Jet’s Pizza that we will be providing! RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 9. Please be sure to specify which event you plan on attending.