We are currently preparing for what we’re confident will be a great year, and we wanted to take a moment to let you know how your college career in the Honors Program will begin.
Several activities planned during Bulldog Beginnings are mandatory for first-year students in Honors because information vital to your success is shared at these events. From previous students’ experience, we know that through these activities you’ll make new friends and settle into the routine of collegiate life. Here is a quick schedule of what you can expect:
- Thursday, August 21:
- Move-in—8:00 a.m. until 4:00p.m. During this time students will move-in to their rooms. Peer Mentors will be around to meet students, but new students, their families and guests, should feel free to do what they need to in order to settle into their new space.
- Gather for Social—4:30-5:00p.m. At 4:30, Peer Mentors will come to student rooms to gather everyone for the Honors Dinner and Social.
- Dinner and Social 5:00-8:00p.m. Honors students will gather on the South Quad for Dinner and a Social. This is an opportunity to meet other students as well as program staff (Required).
- Friday, August 22:
- Honors Fun Day—10a.m.-2:00p.m. A variety of outside activities with your mentors will help you learn the layout of campus (Mandatory).
- Bulldog Welcome— 7:30-9:00p.m., Top Taggart Field.
- Saturday, August 23:
- Backyard Bash—3:00-5:00p.m., South Quad.
- Meijer Madness—7:00-10:00p.m., Meijer.
- Sunday, August 24:
- OMSS Transitions to Success—1:00-3:00p.m., IRC 120. The Office of Multicultural Student Services (OMSS) will host this event for incoming minority students to meet and greet with one another, to be introduced to minority faculty, staff, and student leaders, and to be provided with resources that will assist them in making a successful transition to college.
- Wednesday, September 10:
- Honors RSO Fair—6:00-9:00p.m., Business 111. Learn about various Registered Student Organizations on campus (Required).
If you have any questions please call (231-591-2216) or email our office (email@example.com).