We are currently preparing for what we’re confident will be a great year, and we wanted to take a moment to let you know how your college career in the Honors Program will begin.
Several activities planned during Bulldog Beginnings are mandatory for first-year students in Honors because information vital to your success is shared at these events. From previous students’ experience, we know that through these activities you’ll make new friends and settle into the routine of collegiate life. Here is a quick schedule of what you can expect:
Thursday, August 27:
- Check in to your Residence Hall—8:00 a.m. until 12:00p.m. During this time students will move-in to their rooms.
- Settle In—12:00-4pm. Peer Mentors will be around to meet students, but new students, their families, friends and guests should feel free to do what they need to in order to settle into their new space.
- Mentor Meeting (Mentors Only)—3-4pm in Pickell’s Lower Lobby, enter through the Honors Office.
- Gather for Social—5:30-6:00p.m. At 5:30, New Students and Peer Mentors will gather on the Campus Quad and meet each other before the Welcome Dinner.
- Welcome Dinner and Social 6:00-8:00p.m. Honors students meet for Dinner, the Honors Induction Tradition and a Social in the University Center. This is an opportunity to meet other students as well as program staff (Required).
Friday, August 28:
- Breakfast—9-10am (Advised)
- Honors Fun Day—10a.m.-2:00p.m. A variety of outside activities with your mentors will help you learn the layout of campus (Mandatory).
- Bulldog Welcome— 7:30-9:00p.m., Top Taggart Field.
- Talk to your Mentor about weekend plans and check in with you RA to get connected in your hall.
Saturday, August 29:
- Backyard Bash—3:00-5:00p.m., South Quad.
- Meijer Mania—7:00-10:00p.m., Meijer.
Sunday, August 30:
- Residence Hall Meetings—7-9p.m.
Wednesday, September 4:
- OMSS Transitions to Success—7-9:00p.m., University Center Ballroom. The Office of Multicultural Student Services (OMSS) will host this event for incoming minority students to meet and greet with one another, to be introduced to minority faculty, staff, and student leaders, and to be provided with resources that will assist them in making a successful transition to college.
Wednesday, September 9:
- Honors RSO Fair—6:00-8:00p.m., University Center 202B. Learn about various Registered Student Organizations on campus (Required).
For a full list of Bulldog Beginnings events including Rec Fest, Social Fest, A Magician!, Bulldog Bonanza, Disc Golf inside the FLITE Library (No Joke!), the Founders’ Day Ice Cream Social and more can be found here.
If you have any questions please call (231-591-2216) or email our office ([email protected]).
REMEMBER: We love to see our students excited and engaged so please feel free to post all your fun pictures and moments on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. using #FerrisHonorsMoveIn and #FerrisHonorsFunDay .