Every two second, someone needs blood – and someday it could be you, or someone you love. To make sure area hospitals have enough blood for everyone who needs it, Michigan Blood needs to collect 2,400 blood donations every week, year round. Phi Lambda Sigma Pharmacy Honor Society and Kappa Psi are helping to meet this need by sponsoring the blood drive, but they cannot do it without you!
The blood drive will take place Thursday, January 21st from 9am to 3pm in the University Center Room 202.
Everyone who donates will receive a voucher for one FREE medium one topping pizza from Jet’s Pizza, and they will approve service hours for donating as well. Just think, for less than one hour of your time, you could save up to 3 lives! To be somebody who saves lives, follow the sign-up steps below:
- Go to miblood.org
- Click in red towards the top, “Make an Appointment”
- Next, this page is just explaining that you will need to create a donor portal account. Click again at the bottom in red, “Got It. Take me to the Portal”
- On the bottom right of the next page you will see a donor code. Type in the field the numbers 22853
- Choose Ferris State University with the date 1/21/2016
- Next you will see Time Slots, click one that will work with your schedule
- Finally, register to become a user and you will get a confirmation of your appointment sent to the email you provide
You can also sign up in person by seeing the Michigan Blood sign-up table in the UC on January 21st from 9am to 3pm.
Regardless of whether or not you think you can give blood for any reason, please schedule an appointment and we will deem whether you are eligible to give blood. Whether you can or can’t, you will recieve the voucher for the FREE medium pizza, just for your time.
NOTE: If the website says you are unable to make an appointment, more than likely it is because all of the time slots have been filled. This does NOT mean you cannot give blood. If this happens please stop in at any time on January 21st as your schedule allows, however it may take few minutes more to get you registered and ready to donate.