Interns are needed to help work over the summer and into the Fall to help with the lead up to ArtPrize Eight. There are three internship opportunities available. Below is more information about each.
Volunteer Program Intern
As a volunteer program intern you will work on a variety of project including volunteer recruitment and engagement, communications, managing volunteers during the event, volunteer appreciation, and special ArtPrize Volunteer events. Pre-event projects may also include seeking donations from local businesses for volunteer appreciation, and the continued development of the Group Volunteering program including aspects of the program such as recruitment, group volunteer appreciation, communications and info packets, and group volunteering support. Your main role during the event will be to assist with management/organization of the volunteer lounge.
- June 20th to October 31st
- 10 – 15 hours per week pre-event (June to mid-September)
- 15 – 30 hours per week ArtPrize (September 21 – October 9)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills: must be able to show abilities in both areas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, persistent, and creative in your approach to your work
- Ability to think critically about individual and community engagement
- Enjoys knowing and helping people
- Employs a calm and friendly disposition
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
This position is a fantastic opportunity to explore a career in nonprofit development with a nationally recognized organization. This internship will play a crucial role in the success of ArtPrize and will have the opportunity to experience this whirlwind of an event from “behind the scenes.” Interns participate in organization events; support departments with research, data management, and creative ideation; and get ti know daily departmental activities that make the 19 days of ArtPrize a reality. Organized, creative, and flexible candidates are invited to apply for a fast-paced, rewarding seasonal position with ArtPrize.
- Spring/Summer: May 1st – August 31st*
- Fall: September 1st – December 16th*
*When submitting application materials, please verify for which internship period you are applying
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint)
- Basic understanding and/or experience with a CRM database, preferably Salesforce and/or a willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, flexible, and detail-oriented
- The ability to multi-task and work both independently and collaboratively on various projects
- Ability to manage donor confidentiality
- Access to a personal laptop equipped with Microsoft Office (preferred)
Working under the direction of Conduit Studios, the ArtPrize Design Intern will provide production design services to the ArtPrize Exhibitions & Education team OR the ArtPrize Fund Development team. Projects will include print and digital projects including signage, promotional materials, invitations, sponsor recognition elements, educational materials, and social media design elements.
- June 20th – October 9th
- 30 hours per week from 6/20 to 9/1
- 10 hours per week from 9/1 to 10/9
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Advanced ability to communicate clearly and completely (written and oral)
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evening events
- Excellent time management and organizational skills: must be able to show abilities to both organize your work and lead others
- Ability to be flexible, creative, and persistent in your approach to work
- Ability to manage uncertainty, rapid change, ambiguity, surprises, and a less-defined work environment – all with a positive attitude
For more information, please visit their website. To apply for these positions please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 24, 2016. Please indicate the position you’re applying for in the subject of your email.