We are still looking for returning honors students to make our Days of Service and Learning a success. This year we will be running 10-15 different service projects and need facilitators to step up and take a leadership role during the event. Facilitators would be responsible for coordinating transportation among students, collecting signed waivers from all participants, communicating with community partners, and leading meaningful reflection after the event. More succinctly, we want you to help make the event run smoothly and safely.
Last year 34 facilitators helped 217 students earn 1360 hours of community service.
This is an ideal way for Peer Mentors to earn their leadership experience and help their mentees participate in high-impact community service in the Big Rapids Community.
This year we hope to partner with the following sites:
- Big Rapids Fun Fest—Event Volunteers on Sunday, September 11th from 11:00am to 4:00pm
- Cran Hill Ranch—Camp Clean-Up
- Barryton Area Mobile Food Pantry—Food Distribution on Saturday, September 10th at 1pm
- 1016 Recovery Network—Entry way Painting on Wednesday, September 14th
- North Country Scenic Trail—Trail Maintenance
- Muskegon River Watershed Assembly—River Clean-Up Canoe Trip on Friday, September 16th at 2pm
- Girl Scouts of Muskegon County—Camp Clean-Up
- Angels of Action—Event Volunteers/Fighting Childhood Hunger on Friday and Saturday, September 23rd and 24th
- and more…
Please contact Allegra Damari at firstname.lastname@example.org or 231-591-2216 if you are interested.