Founder’s Day is an annual event for students, faculty, staff and community members to come together and celebrate founders Woodbridge and Helen Gillespie Ferris and their contributions to what is today known as Ferris State University. Founder’s Day activities are free and open to students, faculty, and community members as part of Bulldog Beginnings. This year, Founder’s Day will be held on Thursday, September 1st.
Schedule of Events:
- President David Eisler’s Speech – 11am in University Center, Room 203
- The president will talk about the future of Ferris State University
- Employee Picnic – 12 to 1:30pm under the tent on the North Quad
- Bulldog Women’s Soccer hosts Lewis (T-shirt Exchange Game) – 1pm, Top Taggart Field
- Ferris will be hosting a soccer game against Lewis University. Ferris students get in free with their student ID card. Swap out your high school T-shirt, or a T-shirt from another school and receive a new Bulldog T-shirt in return
- Ferris/Hampton Institute History and Connection – 1:30 to 3:00pm, University Center, Room 217
- Ferris Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion, David Pilgrim, and Multimedia Specialist, Franklin Hughes, will present. The presentation will be followed by a question-and-answer session and a banner exhibition
- Founder’s Day Celebration and Ice Cream Social – 4 to 7pm, North Quad
- Enjoy ice cream served by celebrity and guest servers. Learn about campus service departments, volunteer agencies/opportunities in the area, Five-Star RSOs, live music by Beach Thieves and City Sun, with a special guest appearance by DJ CHOFF, and many games including the Survivor Obstacle Course, radio-controlled monster trucks, old-time photos, tattoos and the Mechanical Bulldog
- Bulldog Football hosts Ohio Dominican – 7:30pm, Top Taggart Field
- Ferris will be hosting a football game against Ohio Dominican University. Ferris students get in free with their ID. Ticket prices for others are as follows: $14 (adults), $12 (seniors 65+), $8 (K-12 students)
- The Fifth Quarter – 9:00pm, Top Taggart Field
- Stay after the football game for a fun-packed night. Watch as the field becomes a dance floor DJ CHOFF will be present as part of the festivities
For more information, please visit the Founder’s Day Webpage.