The FSU West Central Concert Band will be holding its 15th Annual Veterans Day Concert on Sunday, November 12th at 4pm in Williams Auditorium. This concert will celebrate the vital role that Veterans and Active Military Personnel have provided and continue to provide for our nation. The concert will include the performance of a special musical selection featuring music from all 5 branches of service, and we they will invite Veterans, Active Military Personnel and their Family Members to stand and be recognized upon hearing their anthem!
This year’s concert will feature the participation of the following organizations and individuals:
- John R. King, singer
- Tim Zielke, bagpiper
- Dynamite the Clown
- Dave Schrock, narrator
- Jim Lindsey, veteran speaker
- Dr. Donna Smith, announcer
- Jeff Gabalis, visual effects coordinator
- Dr. Charles B. DCamp, guest conductor
- Ferris State University Student Veterans Association
- Dr. David Nicol, Dean of the College of Business, welcome address
- Dr. Mark S. Kane, Patch Adams M.D. & Gesundheit Institute, presenter
- Big Rapids American Legion Post 98 Honor Guard, Jean Bennett, coordinator
This year’s concert will also feature a command performance of: What Was the Point Again? a new one-act play written by local playwright Jim Samuels, performed by Jim Samuels and Justin Gray.