Helix Scribe Solutions has a job opening for a Senior Scribe. Training for the position would start on December 15th and the pay is $14/hr. Below is more information.
Senior Scribe Core:
The Senior Scribe is an individual who has leadership ability, experience in, or a desire to operate in, a hospital setting and the skills to manage (or learn to manage) a group of people. This position will interact closely with an assigned Site Lead or Chief Scribe, with exposure to various organizations executive level personnel. For motivated and talented people who want to accelerate their medical career, a 2-4 year commitment to being a Senior Scribe will make you stand out.
All Senior Scribes will go through the scribe training Academy and, upon successful completion of this program, will train with their assigned supervisor(s). They will provide scribe service to Emergency Department physicians within their assigned department and work with their assigned scribes as Senior Scribe. In addition to scribing and mentoring scribes, Senior Scribes handle a variety of administrative tasks such as scheduling, auditing and more importantly, be the local point of contact for their department providers. Senior Scribes ensure effective communication regarding the scribes, take any complaints or concerns and provide updates regarding the scribe program to department personnel and designated Helix leadership. This position is designed to be a full-time position split between clinical shifts and administrative tasks. Health benefits are offered.
- College degree in a health or science related field OR equivalent combination of education and job experience
- A strong desire to work in a hospital and medical setting
- The position will require four (4) to six (6) shifts per week, ranging from six to nine hours each
- A minimum commitment to the job of 24 months
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 15 lbs and work in a fast paced, stressful environment
- Travel: 75% to various Emergency Departments
- Successfully complete the GVSU Scribe Academy
- Provide scribe service to assigned department providers
- Conduct scribe chart audits as well as provider evaluations of scribes
- Aid in providing continuing education to the scribes
- Assist with educating providers on use of EMR system
- Management of global scribe e-mail account and responding to e-mails
- Scheduling of assigned scribes and review of scribe time cards
- Assist with future hiring and interviewing of additional scribe groups and programs
- Assist and conduct non-clinical and clinical training
- Attend weekly Senior Scribe leadership meetings
- Management of disciplinary actions of scribes in your assigned home building
- Attend all Scribe meetings
- Working closely and directly with appropriate administrative teams
This position pays an hourly rate. First year rate is $14 per hour unless there is compelling experience. Compensation increases annually with successful reviews. Health benefits (including vision and dental) are available.