Do you care about environmental, social, and economic sustainability? Come to Minds Aflame tonight from 6 – 9 PM in Williams Auditorium. You can stay for any one hour or all three. Each hour counts as one cultural event in the Honors Program.
6:00 – 7:00 PM
1) Opening TedX Talk Video– Hans and Ola Rosling – How not to be Ignorant about the World
2) Samuel McMullen – Executive Director of LiveZeroWaste.org – Living Zero Waste
3) Sister Damien Marie Savino, FSE, PhD – Dean of Science and Sustainability at Aquinas College – The Hidden Face of Social Sustainability
7:00 – 8:00 PM
4) Chris Treter – Owner and Co-Founder of Higher Grounds Coffee Company – The Final Frontier for Specialty Coffee and Sustainability
5) Gayle DeBruyn M.M. – Associate Professor and Chief Sustainability Officer for Kendall College of Art and Design – Sustainable Development, Design, and Innovation
6) Dr. Deeb Eid – Assistant Professor, College of Pharmacy – iHealth: The Future of Healthcare
8:00 – 9:00 PM
7) Dr. Alex Cartwright – Assistant Professor of Economics, College of Business – Economic Growth & Global Stability: Friends or Foes?
8) Dr. Jennifer Johnson – Professor of Geography and Chair of Social and Behavioral Sciences in the College of Arts and Sciences and Co-Chair FSU Sustainability Committee – Ice Webs: The Intricate Roles that Ice Plays in Sustainability
9) Brad Morgan – Owner and Co-Founder of Morgan Composting/Dairy Doo – Life and Times of a Poo Salesman
This event is sponsored by the Office of International Education, the FSU Sustainability Committee, and the College of Arts and Sciences. This is a Five Star Event. Student attendance can be documented each hour.