Helix Scribe and Grand Valley State University Scribe Academy seek to recruit a Ferris honors student who would like to work as a scribe in the Spectrum Health Big Rapids Emergency Department.
- Apply or receive more info at https://www.gvsu.edu/scribe/
- Scribe Training is free and online. Monthly trainings are provided with most of it online so it can be completed remotely from convenient locations and times.
- Helix offers flexible part-time medical scribe positions to pre-health students (16 hours per week on average)
- Helix also provides supportive management to scribe employees to optimize their success
- Valuable experiences working in the local Emergency Department that can be used to apply to health graduate programs *paid patient contact hours*
- Scribes work at the hip of the provider gaining valuable clinical experience while documenting the patient encounter, letters of recommendation, and overall greater sense of confidence in a hospital setting
The deadline to apply for the position in the Spectrum Health Big Rapids Emergency Department is December 1st.
Additional scribe positions will be open in the Big Rapids area in the spring semester. We will be hosting a Lunch and Learn on opportunities with Helix Scribe and the GVSU Scribe Academy in the spring.