The Honors Program invites Ferris honors students to apply to present their research at the National Collegiate Honors Council (NCHC) conference to be held in Dallas, Texas November 2 – 6, 2022. The Honors Program will pay the expenses for up to two honors students to present. Students may do a poster presentation in one of the following areas:
- AVM – Art & Visual Media (photography, paintings, sculpture, other artistic creations)
- A&H – Arts and Humanities (Literature, philosophy, communications, art history, etc.)
- BEC – Business (economics, accounting, management, etc.); Engineering (chemical, computer, electrical, environmental, mechanical etc); or Computer Science
- DIV – Diversity issues on any dimension (Gender Studies, etc.)
- E&P – Education and pedagogy (learning initiatives, program development & assessment, experiential learning, community service, study abroad, etc.)
- ENV – Environmental science, conservation, pollution, green technology, & sustainability
- HS – Health Sciences (Disease related projects, nursing, healthcare, public health, etc.)
- NSM – Natural Sciences and Mathematics (Biology, chemistry, physics, math, biochemistry, neuroscience, etc)
- SJ – Social Justice
- SBS – Social & Behavioral Sciences (Psychology, sociology, history, political science, anthropology, social work, etc.)
Learn more about the conference and submission process here. The honors advisor, Cathy Bordeau, is available to help you think about what coursework or other research you might want to present, explain how to create a poster, and help with the application.
If you would like to do a poster presentation at the conference, the first step is to contact the Honors Program at email@example.com. We would love to have you join us at the conference!