CAPITAL SEMESTER SPRING 2015
EARLY DEADLINE: October 1, 2014
FINAL DEADLINE: November 5, 2014
Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies, Capital Semester combines substantive internships, 12 academic credits, career development activities, site briefings and lectures led by policy experts. This fast-paced, fifteen-week residential program provides undergraduate students from around the world with opportunities to gain the edge in today’s competitive job market and graduate school admissions, and experience the excitement of Washington first-hand.
SAMPLE PAST INTERNSHIP SITES
- Aerospace Industries Association
- American Legislative Exchange Council
- American Red Cross
- Children’s Rights Council
- Congressional Offices
- Foreign Embassies
- Gannett News Service
- K-global Public Relations
- Politics Magazine
- The Washington Examiner
- WJLA ABC 7 News
- Institute for World Politics
- Philanthropy Roundtable
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Voice of America
- WTOP News Radio
- Internships – Competitive placements with government agencies, congressional offices, public policy groups, international affairs organizations, news outlets, communications firms and nonprofit organizations
- Housing – Roommate matching and furnished Capitol Hill apartments in the heart of D.C.
- Classes – Full-time course load accredited by George Mason University
- Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top policy and economics experts
- Exclusive Briefings – At the World Bank, State Department, U.S. Capitol and Federal Reserve
- Leadership & Professional Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
- Networking – Interaction with seasoned professionals and student leaders from around the world
- Scholarships – Generous scholarships are awarded based on merit and financial need and over 75% of students receive scholarship funding
EARLY DEADLINE – 5% DISCOUNT
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the Final Deadline of November 5, 2014. Students are encouraged to apply for the early deadline of October 1, 2014 to receive a 5% discount on their tuition balance as well as priority internship placement. Detailed information on the program may be found at www.DCinternships.org/CS.
For more information and an online application, please visit our website www.DCinternships.org/CS or contact Dana Faught, Associate Director of Recruitment and Admissions at email@example.com or 202-986-0384.
You must log in to post a comment.