We are currently preparing for what we’re confident will be a great year, and we wanted to take a moment to let you know how your college career in the Honors Program will begin.
Several activities planned during Bulldog Beginnings are mandatory for first-year students in Honors because information vital to your success is shared at these events. From previous students’ experience, we know that through these activities you’ll make new friends and settle into the routine of collegiate life. Here is a quick schedule of what you can expect:
- Thursday, August 25:
- Check in to your Residence Hall—8:00 a.m. until 12:00p.m. During this time students will move-in to their rooms.
- Settle In—12:00-4pm. Peer Mentors will be around to meet students, but new students, their families, friends and guests should feel free to do what they need to in order to settle into their new space.
- Welcome Dinner and Social 6:30-8:30p.m. Honors students meet for Dinner, the Honors Induction Tradition and a Social in the University Center. This is an opportunity to meet other students as well as program staff (Mandatory).
- Friday, August 26:
- Breakfast—9-10am (Advised)
- Honors Fun Day—10a.m.-2:00p.m. A variety of outside activities with your mentors will help you learn the layout of campus (Mandatory).
- Bulldog Welcome— 7:30-9:00p.m., Top Taggart Field.
- Residence Hall Association Movie: Captain America: Civil War – 9:00p.m., South Quad
- Talk to your Mentor about weekend plans and check in with you RA to get connected in your hall.
- Saturday, August 27:
- Big Rapids Beginnings—3:00-6:00p.m., Downtown Big Rapid.
- Meijer Mania—7:00-10:00p.m., Meijer.
- Late Night Event in the UC– 9:00p.m. – 12:00a.m.
- Sunday, August 28:
- VIP in UC — 2:00-5:00pm, University Center
- Monday, August 29:
- First Impressions — 7:30a.m. – 3:30p.m., across campus
- Rec Fest — 5:00 – 8:00p.m., Student Recreation Center
- Tuesday, August 30:
- Social Fest — 9:00a.m. – 3:00p.m., social media
- Entertainment Unlimited: Throwback Time Machine — 9:00p.m., North Quad
- Wednesday, August 31:
- Academic Support Center Open House — 8:30a.m. – 5:30p.m., Arts and Sciences Commons
- Campus Beautification Service Project — 9:00a.m – 6:00p.m., various locations on campus. Multiple service projects will taking place throughout the day to help beautify our campus.
- Thursday, September 1:
- Founder’s Day Celebration: Ice Cream Social — 4:00 – 7:00p.m., University Center/North Quad
- Football Game vs. Ohio Dominican — 7:00p.m., Top Taggart Field
- Fifth Quarter — 9:00p.m., Top Taggart Field
- Friday, September 2:
- Disc Golf — 2:00 – 4:00p.m., FLITE Library
- Wednesday, September 7:
- Honors RSO Fair—6:00-8:00p.m., University Center 202B. Learn about various Registered Student Organizations on campus (Mandatory).
If you have any questions please call (231-591-2216) or email our office (email@example.com).
REMEMBER: We love to see our students excited and engaged so please feel free to post all your fun pictures and moments on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. using #FerrisHonorsMoveIn and #FerrisHonorsFunDay .